Sunday, May 8, 2011

The World of GAMING

Everyone loves games whether you are old or young, there is no age limit in whether you can play a particular game or not. Gaming has become a source of entertainment for everyone including adults. Due to our modern day technology people can play games on their computers or their gaming system's like for example:  PS3 (Play station), XBOX 360, or the Wii. I myself am a gamer, I believe that playing video games changes our moods like for example, if I am bored I start playing my PS3.Why? Because it changes my mood and I am not bored anymore. Now a day, we have so many options on what kind of games we want to play. We have all sorts of genres like for example, we have adventure games that have a whole story behind it, we have fighting games, we have educational games, and we have games based on movies, books and what not. I believe gaming is an addiction for some people because that's what comforts them because they might not have any friends so they look forward to playing games every day and not go out as much or be interested in outdoor activities. For them gaming is everything it's sort of like their best friend and there is nothing wrong with that, gaming is good sometimes because some games teach the basic values of life. I have always loved playing games since I was a kid and I still enjoy playing my PS3 online. I like to play different racing games, fighting games with other gamers online and that's what made gaming even more popular now the fact that people can play with other random people online. So in a way gaming is a teenagers or anyone’s friend because it entertains there young brains as long as they are playing good games.
As much fun gaming is it has some pros and cons associated with it. Most of the people I know love gaming, it’s like they cannot wait to play a certain game when they can find someone to play along with. The eagerness and excitement that a person has when a new game comes out is just mind-blowing to me. I still remember the day when playstation3 came out and I was standing in a huge line at best buy like since 3:00 AM in the morning as I wanted that game system. It’s like some people are so involved in the world of gaming that they can’t see through pass their world of gaming. I myself love playing video games and I find it stress relieving and a means of socializing with other people who tend to have the same interest as I do which makes playing a game even more fun. I love racing games, they are my favorite and I cannot tell you how excited I was waiting for Hot Pursuit to come out. I like playing that game and I think it’s the best racing game ever. Playing certain adventure games is very useful as it takes up some brain work to be good at the game and I find it amazing how much people enjoy playing such games even when it requires putting some time and effort in that specific game.
Furthermore, everything about gaming is fine. It’s a great source of entertainment, a good socializing gadget, a good stress reliever, and an effective communication tool. As much amusing and enjoyable gaming is doesn’t it make oneself a couch potato? When people love gaming so much and find it so pleasurable they tend to lag behind on other important things. All they care about it playing games whether online or on gaming systems, they don’t do their homework or do go out and play with their friends. Their life is just limited to that one room in which they can just sit and play games all day, and that’s what comforts them and makes them happy. But, by doing this they get drifted apart from the world outside gaming, they become couch potatoes and keep starring on the TV screen or laptop screen all day playing games. This becomes a long term health issue. Staying all day in couch and eating much can make someone obese and people can damage their eyesight while playing games all day. This is one of the reasons why there is an increase rate in obesity in young children and this numbers will tend to increase if the issue is not taken care of. I am not saying that people should stop playing games, the only thing is that parents should control the time that their children can play games. My parents don’t let me play game more than 2 hours a day and the same thing applies to all my cousins too. Everyone should enjoy doing what they love; in this case playing games, but also be proactive and take care of your own health.

No comments:

Post a Comment